RED WHITE & BREWS WINE WALK
Martinborough Wine Merchants is hosting three exclusive tours of the region’s most iconic producers, rarely open to the public.
Beginning with coffee at The Village Café, walkers depart via Martinborough’s smallest vineyard and travel past Martinborough’s newest craft Gin distillery to our first stop of the day, flag ship producer, Dry River . Winemaker Wilco Lam will indulge tour guests with an exclusive tasting of wines seldom experienced. A short hip-hop through vineyards encompassing the famous Martinborough Terraces, leads us to a tasting with global wine exporters, Schubert Wines http://www.schubert.co.nz/ . Next stop is contemporary Martinborough leader Cambridge Road, where over a platter-style lunch, winemaker Lance Redgewell showcases his biodynamic approach to natural winemaking. Back towards the township, a stop at Porters Pinot http://www.porterspinot.co.nz/ and Homestead further indulges walkers before your final stop with local craft brewer Hayden Frew, for a behind the scenes look, tasting and platter at the micro Martinborough Brewery http://martinboroughbeer.com/ .
$240 per person, your tour includes:
- A look behind the scenes of New Zealand's most highly regarded wine region
- Meet and talk with dedicated viticulturists, winemakers and brewers in their own environments
- Visit vineyards not generally open to the public
- Your own personal tour guide
- A Platter-style lunch with a glass of wine, plus a second end-of-day shared platter
- All tastings at all venues visited
Reds Whites and Brews tours must be pre-booked and operate June 26th 28th and 29th from 9.30am
Other dates available