MARTINBOROUGH WINE WALKS
As a ‘day in the life’ of Martinborough’s Wine Village, no two tours are alike. As the vineyard changes and grows with the season, and as the winemaking process adapts accordingly, so do our Wine Walks. Along with your guide who comes from a wine making, wine marketing and wine business background, you are invited to join winemakers and viticulturists for genuine and exclusive behind-the-scenes insight into their individual stories.
Trespassing (with permission!) through vineyards and dodging the occasional sheep we will visit producers not open to the public: you will immerse yourself in a behind the scenes, fully hosted walk, talk and taste of Martinborough’s unique wine village. New Zealand’s only true wine village, compact and highly awarded, with an array of artisan producers working literally side-by-side (but a fence line to climb over between them).
From $240 per person, Tours include:
• A knowledgeable and local guide
• All wine tastings from at least five different producers
• A tasting amongst the vines in the vineyard with the viticulturist
• A shared table, platter style lunch of fresh and regional, produce, served outdoors at a vineyard, with glass of wine
• Barrel tasting with the winemaker
• A tasting of an older vintage wine with the winemaker
• A behind-the-scenes tour of a craft Gin distillery with the distiller
THE NITTY GRITTY:
Please wear sensible walking shoes and weather-appropriate attire, including hat and sunscreen. Much of the day will be spent walking (about 6/7km in total) so would not be suitable for anyone with mobility issues. Please, no dogs or children. You must be over 18 years of age to attend a Martinborough Wine Walk.
GIFT VOUCHERS AVAILABLE